Ag Processing Inc a cooperative and its Affiliated Companies
Ag Processing Inc a cooperative and its Affiliated Companies have a commitment to support organizations that
will improve the quality of life in the communities in which we have a strong presence. Quality products
and services will help insure our long-term success if we also take seriously our role in making our
The goal of our philanthropy, along with our employees’ volunteer efforts, is to make a difference.
We have selected areas of focus as a method of thoughtfully channeling our resources toward our
goals. Because we are unable to fund all worthy endeavors, areas of focus help us make the greatest
impact where critical needs exist. All contribution requests must meet our general guidelines.
Major areas of interest
Health and Human Services
The majority of support in this area is achieved through a substantial match of employees’ annual
contributions to the United Way / Community Chest in communities where they reside and we have AGP operations.
However, the company does consider requests from non United Way / CHAD and like organization
Support will be considered for those organizations seeking to improve and revitalize the community;
promote the general well being of citizens. Specific areas of interest include but are not limited to,
strengthening crime prevention, as well as fire and emergency medical services.
AGP supports programs that provide educational and leadership experience for youth who will become
future business and community leaders. The company also recognizes the need to assist organizations
that promote the social, mental and physical development of children and youth.
Requesting organizations should be aware of the following acknowledgements and criteria used in the consideration of all requests:
- Because resources available for donation are limited, a number of worthwhile requests must be turned down each year.
- Contributions are limited to not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organizations that operate programs that fall within the company’s charitable giving.
- In-kind contributions of merchandise for fundraising events are limited to organizations that receive ongoing annual support from the company.
- Organizations are asked to limit their requests to one application each calendar year.
- As a general rule, we do not purchase corporate tickets or tables.
The following types of organizations although credible are not part of our companies charitable giving program
- Fraternal, Social or Labor organization
- Team sponsorships or athletic events (specific AGP teams sponsored by the individual plant locations are not included in these guidelines).
- Groups, organizations or programs whose principal funding comes from federal, state or local taxes, except for certain activities of the state university system.
- The company does not fund individuals or group travel.
Applying for support
Requests for funding should be submitted in one of the two following forms:
Online Application Form
If you prefer submitting your application in typewritten form and include:
- Name, address and telephone number of the organization and the person to whom correspondence should be directed.
- A Clear description of the organizations goals and objectives.
- Copy of the organization’s 501(c)(3) status.
- List of staff and board of directors.
- Financial information detailing program budget and other sources of support.
- An explanation of whether this is an ongoing or a one-time project.
Request for donations received by the 25th day of the month will be reviewed at the next monthly meeting, which is held on the first Monday of the month. Notifications of the status of the request will be sent out following the meeting.
Proposals are accepted by the Charitable Donations Committee and should be submitted to:
Ag Processing Inc
Member Relations – Donations
P.O. Box 2047
Omaha, NE 68103-2047